Drum Jam is one of the leading drum and rhythm companies operating in the UK, and bring fun and energy to any school event. If you are looking for a workshop to energise your music week or an activity that is both educational and hands on, which includes important life skill's training as well as working within your curriculum then Drum Jam Education can help.
Their team of expert facilitators:
- Will create rhythms and sing songs that will leave young people and teachers inspired and aware of their own ability to express rhythm.
- Using Africa for inspiration, you will soon get to feel the beat of the Drum.
Workshops are totally inclusive and can be tailored to suit any group from 5 to 1,500 of any age or ability level.
As with most musical learning ‘achievement’ occurs on many levels.
- Younger students will enjoy learning the basic techniques of beating a drum in time to a simple rhythm while older more dextrous students can attempt to master more complex rhythms and cross rhythms.
- Even experienced drummers have plenty to learn so there is always something to challenge and achieve.
The African music and drumming experience has a universal appeal and draws individuals together to become part of an organised team.
- It engenders a sense of belonging to the group and also teaches reliance, responsibility, concentration and focus as everyone relies on each other to create and maintain the rhythm.
- When the group begins to achieve its aims and produce the music it begins to adopt its own persona as the spirit of the drum captivates and galvanises. There is no better feeling than to be a part of the drum circle and it is a wonderful way of building self confidence and esteem.
Drum Jam Education promote, introduce and support strong value systems by using the metaphor of the team beat drumming. All members of the circle are equal and dependant upon the actions of all others.
Drumming also improves:
- Physical grace and gross motor skills
- Drumming has been proven to increase IQ, attention span and motivation.
"We thoroughly enjoyed our morning and gained a real insight into African drumming techniques and rhythms - a memorable event."
Emma Chidgey Park High School
"Many thanks for the excellent drumming workshops at Somerhill and the "enabling" of our kids at the family festival. Hugely enjoyable!"
Ben Parkhurst, Head Teacher
Share this page: